Monday, April 26, 2010

PLUS




Isn't that a familiar logo to us?

Maybe if you do not travel much or you don't give a damn then it is possible you have not seen it.

Well, you will see it everyday if you live in KL. To get to college I always use the highway, NPE. It is kinda fast to get to Sunway KL via NPE. But there is a "small" price you have to pay ($1.60 x 2)

Ouch ! I really used to complain every time the Toll Plaza appeared.
Professional Extortionists ! Day-light robbery !

Well, all that changed after the Kilometer 279.9 incident.

I was on my way to Melacca around 8.15 p.m. and maintaining a speed of 140km/h.

Suddenly, a loud noise. I looked at my bro and asked, "Did you hear that ?".

He said yeah and told me its nothing but I did not think so.

Then this weird noise like something being dragged was heard.

F*#k, I knew something was wrong and pulled over in the emergency lane.

I could not get out cuz lorries and cars were speeding like crazy in the lane beside.

My bro got down and inspected the car & confirmed my worst nightmare :-

I killed something.....
|
|
|
|


Chill la, it was just a flat tyre.

I could not change it cause it was on the driver's side and that was exposed to the speeding vehicles on the other lane.

When you got a flat tyre, who do you call ?

Ghostbusters ?!

No la, PLUS Peronda.

But the worst part is that I did not have their number.

So what to do?

The place where I stopped had this "Telefon Kecemasan" sign.

So I thought I could check it out.

As I walked to the phone, I could feel the heavy wind blowing in the highway and vehicles passing at top speed.

Man, was it LOUD !!!!!!!!

Then I reached this phone and I was shocked !

Dude, there was no phone but there was this white lever like stuff and you pull it downwards to talk.

So I did it and waited for a while. Then this dude started talking but it was so damn noisy the dude could not hear a thing.

Then I looked towards my car and saw blue sirens.

I thought it was PLUS Peronda and ran towards the car.

When I was approaching the vehicle with the siren switched lanes and came in front.

It was the cops !!

I walked towards the patrol car and in it were 2 cops.

They asked me for my IC and drivers license. Thank God I had them or I am a dead man.

I told them about the flat and they said o.k.

Before leaving, one of the cops said, "Berhati-hati, ya!Tempat ini tak selamat"

Then they just went.

I was like "WHAT?!" and went towards the phone again but this time constantly looking back. You never know ?

Then I saw this siren again. Don't tell me is the cops again.

Thankfully this time it was the PLUS Peronda.

The dude changed the tyre in matter of minutes and went on.

If it wasn't for those guys I don't know what will I do.

So, now I don't complain when paying toll.

I think our PLUS boys are doing the job just fine.

If you don't get what I mean, go to India.

When you see, feel and experience the roads there, you will really love our highways.

Sebelum saya mengundur diri, saya ingin mengucap ribuan terima kasih kepada pihak PLUS kerana menyelamatkan saya.

Sekain, terima kasih.

No comments:

Post a Comment