Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Barber and God

This is a good one.

I wonder what are the views of the atheist & the polyatheist on this :-

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair cut as usual. He started
to have a good conversation with the barber who was cutting his hair. They
talked about many things and various subjects. Suddenly, they touched
the subject of God.

The barber said, "Look man, I don't believe that God exists!"

"Why do you say that?" asked the man. "Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God does not exist. Tell me, if God existed, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be no suffering nor pain? I can't think of loving a God who permits all of these things."

The man thought for the moment, but he didn't want to respond so as to cause an argument. The barber finished his job and the man went out of the shop. Just after heleft the barber shop he saw a man in the street with long hair and beard. It seemed that it had been a long time since he had his hair cut and he looked so untidy.

Then the first man again entered the barber shop and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist!"

"How can you say they don't exist?" asked the barber. I am here and I am a barber."

"No!" the man exclaimed. "You don't exist because if you did there would be no people with long hair and beard like that man who walks the streets."

"But, I do exist, and that is what happens when people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" - affirmed the man. "That's the point. God does exist, and see what happens when so many people don't go to Him and do not look for Him? That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."


Err...just for your info before any comments :-

1) I am NOT the messenger of God
2) I am NOT preaching for everyone to believe in God
3) I am taking a NEUTRAL position
4) I am NOT an ATHEIST nor a BELIEVER, I am take an AGNOSTIC position.
5) I am doing a research on the EXISTENCE OF GOD & WHY PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD.

1 comment:

  1. Here's the thing, Dana.
    Agnostics are atheists.
    The fact that you are already questioning
    the logic behind God's existence means
    that you are beginning to see how implausible it is.

    And not just that.


    You assume that atheists can say that they KNOW that God does not exist, which is untrue. I can vouch for every single atheist that I've known, there is no such thing as being 100% sure.

    Even Richard Dawkins, the world's most hardcore atheist says on a scale of 1-7(1 being absolutely sure of the existence of God, and 7 being absolutely sure that God does not exist), he is only a SIX(6).

    This is because we also cannot say we are 100% sure there is no such thing as a unicorn. If I asked you if you believed in unicorns, and you said no, because unicorns don't exist, it doesn't mean you're 100% sure unicorns don't exist, it's because from your logical deduction, unicorns do not exist. But imagine if 80% of the population believed in unicorns, and died, prayed to, and killed for unicorns. Wouldn't that just be silly?

    That is what's faced by atheists nowadays. We're considered social outcasts because we're not in this delusion.

    BUT

    I don't blame you. It took me a whole year of soul searching and minor research to ultimately come to my senses.

    ReplyDelete